When PRACTICINg any form of internal exercise there are 6 factors to conSider (course,reach,kind,adaptation,skill,and understanding). BECAUSE I DESIRE TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE I WILL START TEACHING tai chi WHEN I FEEL I am ready. until then i will share what i know sparingly.
1. course-how long one has been practicing?
2. REACH-HOW DEEPLY HAS ONE REACHED OUT FOR what IS MOST WORTHWHILE ACHIEVING?
3. KIND- WHETHER ONE EXERCISES WITH RIGID MUSCLES IN HIGH-POWERED MOVEMENTS. OR WITH PLIABLE MUSCLES ALMOST EFFORTLESSLY.
4. ADAPTATION-WHETHER ONE IS ABLE To ADAPT PRINCIPLES TO PARTICULAR NEEDS AND THUS TO AVOID SLAVISH ADHERENCE TO SET FORM.
5. SKILL-WITH WHAT PRECISION AND EASE ONE EXECUTES THE MOVEMENT OF THE BODY AND THE MIND.
6. UNDERSTANDING-HOW RAPIDLY AND CLEARLY DOES ONE GRASP THE MEANING AND SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PRINCIPLES?